BOT 16.0 - Emeritus Status :
The college may confer emeritus status to an employee who is retiring from Edmonds Community College.
Emeritus status may be granted to a college employee upon retirement because he/she displayed meritorious, exemplary performance during his/her employment at the college and has been nominated per this policy. The emeritus title is conferred upon the approval of the President; in the case of the President, the Board of Trustees confers this status.
Benefits of Emeritus Status
All emeriti shall be accorded the following privileges:
1. Possession of a free campus staff parking permit to be issued and verified by Campus Security;
2. Same library borrowing privileges as current employees;
3. Access to campus recreational and social facilities;
4. Complimentary or reduced-priced admission to cultural and athletic events, at the discretion of the sponsoring group;
5. Invitations to participate in selected department and/or college functions;
6. Attendance at public college functions and celebrations affirming the academic mission of the college, such as commencement;
7. Receive Edmonds Community College mailings;
8. Will automatically retain their computer account(s), which includes email and internet access.
2014-Feb 18 Amended for Numbering Change to B 2.11
2013-Aug 22 Adopted B 2.12, Board Resolution 13-8-1