ABE 047 - College Prep Math
Maximum of 5.0 possible Credits
Review of operations with integers, order of operations, exponents, fractions, decimals and percentages, and applications. Introduction to the concepts of algebra, including simplifying and evaluating expressions and solving linear equations; focus on problem solving and math success skills. Intended for students who have had little or no algebra. (Dual-listed as MATH 047J)
Prerequisite Orientation and advising are required before taking this course.
Course-level Learning Objectives (CLOs)
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply the concepts and procedures of arithmetic, including whole number operations, fraction and decimal operations, proportions, percents, and signed number operations.
- Convert numbers from one form to another, among percentage, decimal, and fraction forms.
- Evaluate a numerical expression by applying the order of operations.
- Solve linear equations of one variable.
- Set up, solve, and assess the results of applications.
- Use common financial and geometric formulas to write and solve equations.
- Demonstrate solutions to problems and interpret results.
[Add to Personal Catalog]