CHIN& 122 - Chinese II
Continuation of CHIN& 121 Mandarin Chinese. Emphasis is on learning correct pronunciation and basic structures. Drill in oral use of the language. Language practice in Canvas.
Prerequisite CHIN& 121 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or instructor permission.
Course-level Learning Objectives (CLOs)
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Comprehend content communicated orally to them in the target language.
- Communicate basic messages, thoughts, opinions and points of view with clarity in the target language.
- Read for comprehension and make use of analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Demonstrate understanding of vocabulary, grammar structures by writing short essays in target language.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of the literature, traditions, institutions and geography of the target language and culture.
- Compare and contrast to your own culture.
*Students enrolled in Chinese 122 will complete the above objectives at an reinforcement level.
[Add to Personal Catalog]