Apr 22, 2018
MATH& 153 - Calculus III
Infinite sequences and series, vectors and vector functions, functions of several variables, and partial derivatives. Graphing calculator required.
Prerequisite MATH& 152 or equivalent with a minimum grade of 2.0.
Course-level Learning Objectives (CLOs)
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the different types of sequences and series.
- Determine when a sequence or series is convergent or divergent.
- Perform basic convergence tests (including the ratio test, comparison test and integral test).
- Compute the radius and interval of convergence for a power series.
- Compute the Taylor Series expansion of a function.
- Perform vector arithmetic computations.
- Compute using vector components.
- Perform vector operations (including dot product, cross product and projections).
- Find an equation of a line and plane using vector notation.
- Differentiate and integrate vector-valued functions.
- Find tangent and unit tangent vectors to a smooth curve at a point.
- Compute curvature.
- Find the unit normal and binormal vectors of a smooth curve defined by a vector-valued function.
- Determine the tangential and normal components of the acceleration vector.
- Convert points and equations between rectangular coordinates and polar coordinates.
- Recognize and sketch graphs of equations in polar coordinates.
- Construct graphs, find domains and ranges, and analyze continuity and differentiability of functions with two or more independent variables.
- Write expressions for partial derivatives using limits.
- Calculate partial derivatives using formulas.
[Add to Personal Catalog]