CIS 243 - Web Development III: Introduction to PHP
Topics include server-side scripting for web pages using PHP. Students will learn fundamentals of PHP scripting including functions, logical structure, and database connectivity used in creating websites. Other topics include Ruby on Rails and Django Python Web frameworks.
Prerequisite CIS 242 with a minimum grade of 2.5 or instructor permission.
Course-level Learning Objectives (CLOs)
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and understand the differences between client-side and server-side scripting.
- Use the appropriate script, client-side or server-side, to complete an interactive website with a database.
- Use Document Object Model with properties, methods and event handlers to interact with web pages.
- Use arithmetic, comparison, and logical operators with scripting variables in a scripting language.
- Create procedures and re-usable functions in a scripting language.
- Create websites using Ruby on Rail and Django web frameworks.
[Add to Personal Catalog]