MUSC 113 - Class Guitar
Beginning through intermediate concepts of Pop, Folk, and Rock Guitar styles. Improvisation on Rock and Blues patterns, basic chords, barre chords, and beginning tablature reading will be learned. Students must have a guitar, acoustic preferred (was MUSIC 113).
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the parts of the guitar. [COMMUNICATE]
- Tune the guitar. [REASON]
- Define and identify basic rhythms, scales and chords. [COMMUNICATE]
- Demonstrate proper right and left hand technique. [COMMUNICATE]
- Perform basic open and barre chords and chord progressions. [COMMUNICATE]
- Read basic to intermediate tablature, and identify block chords, arpeggiating chords, and scales. [REASON]
- Define the components of contemporary song form. [COMMUNICATE]
- Perform in basic guitar styles. [COMMUNICATE]
*Students enrolled in Class Guitar for the first time will complete the above objectives at an introductory level; continuing students will progress to master the objectives.
[Add to Personal Catalog]