Apr 19, 2018
The Construction Management ATA program is primarily designed for students with experience in some phase of the construction industry who want to specialize in construction project management. The program is designed to meet the needs of the working student. Most courses are offered in the evening.
Credit/Grade Requirements This ATA degree requires successful completion of a minimum of 96 credits as outlined. A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds Community College. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college-level courses.
I. General Education/Related Instruction Requirements (20 credits):
Choose two Communication Skills (10 credits)
Choose one Computation/Quantitative Skills (5 credits)
Human Relations/Group Interaction (5 credits)
II. Core Requirements (59 credits):
III. Specified Electives (15 credits minimum selected from the following areas of knowledge):
Accounting and Finance (5 credits)
Natural Science (5 credits)
IV. Career Management (2 credits):
V. Proficiency Requirements (5 credits):
Students who successfully complete this degree will have demonstrated industry appropriate knowledge of:
- Using effective written and oral communication in interactions with a diverse student and faculty population.
- Using mathematics, technology and technical skills to record, manage, and analyze data and solve problems focused in the following areas:
- construction graphics,
- construction layout,
- cost estimating and cost control,
- planning and scheduling, and
- structural design.
- Analyzing information and making decisions that support an organization’s mission with respect to the following:
- construction materials and methods,
- job site safety,
- building codes, and
- project management.