PGM Code – 603S
Program Description This ATA degree is designed for students who have little or no experience in general manufacturing or aerospace manufacturing and who want to gain a basic knowledge and understanding of manufacturing procedures and processes. Students with this degree would be competitive for entry level jobs in a manufacturing or aerospace industry environment. Students who earn this degree will have a strong foundation to continue with our Materials Science Technology - Associate of Applied Science-T .
Common Course Numbering Please refer to www.edcc.edu/ccn for more information.
Credit/Grade Requirements The ATA degree is awarded upon completion of a minimum of 90 credits as outlined in the program requirements. A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds Community College. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college-level courses.
Cultural Diversity Requirement All students earning degrees and certificates of 45 credits or more must meet a cultural diversity (CD) requirement. CD classes appear in the class listings section of the quarterly schedule.
Students pursuing an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree must take at least five (5) credits of CD courses. Courses that satisfy the CD requirement address at least two of the three areas below:
- Knowledge of culture and its influence on individuals and groups in our society
- Awareness of attitudes and values regarding life in a multicultural society
- Skills to recognize, analyze, and evaluate multicultural perspectives and issues
Students are advised to
- Consult with a faculty adviser quarterly for course selection and completion of degree requirements and plan their schedule several quarters in advance (Note: all decisions on selection of courses are ultimately the responsibility of the student),
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning, and
- Send for transcripts from other colleges where the student has earned credits and request a transcript evaluation. Transcripts are to be mailed to the Enrollment Services Office at Edmonds Community College. Transcript evaluation forms are available though Enrollment Services.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted to Enrollment Services by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Forms are available online or at Enrollment Services located in Lynnwood Hall. Note applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
College Website | www.edcc.edu
How to Enroll | www.edcc.edu/es
Transfer Center | www.edcc.edu/transfer
College Bookstore | www.edcc.edu/bookstore
Advising Appointments | 425.640.1458
The adviser for this program is
Ross Monroe | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1944
Materials Science Technology | www.edcc.edu/mst