May 22, 2018
PGM Code – 245D
Program Description The Business Management Marketing and Sales Certificate is designed for students who desire to specialize in the sales and marketing areas of business. The certificate requires students to work with a Business Management adviser to select those courses which will help students achieve their educational and career goals. Courses from this certificate may apply to the Business Management - Associate of Technical Arts Degree . Many courses are available online.
Common Course Numbering Please refer to www.edcc.edu/ccn for more information.
Credit/Grade Requirements This Certificate requires successful completion of a minimum of 40 credits as outlined. A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds Community College. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college-level courses.
Students Are Advised To
- Plan their schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year,
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning, and
- Communicate with an academic adviser.
- Submit an “Evaluation Request - Transfer Credits” form (available in Enrollment Services) to activate the process of transferring credits to Edmonds Community College
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted to Enrollment Services by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Forms are available online or at Enrollment Services located in Lynnwood Hall. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
College Website | www.edcc.edu
How to Enroll | www.edcc.edu/es
College Bookstore | www.edcc.edu/bookstore
Advising Appointments | 425.640.1458
The advisers for this program are
Claudia Levi | email@example.com | 425.640.1388
Ann Paulson | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1613
Marie Tran | email@example.com | 425.640.1637
Business Management | www.edcc.edu/mgmt
Gainful Employment information is available for this program.
|This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic adviser. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds Community College certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
Program Requirements (40 credits)
Select 10 credits from the following
*This course may meet a requirement for an Edmonds Community College Associate of Arts degree. Business transfer requirements vary by institution. See a transfer adviser for specific information.
Communication Requirements (5 credits minimum)
Business Computer Requirements (5 credits)
Program Requirement Learning Outcomes
Upon Completion of the Program Learning Requirements for this degree/certificate, students will be able to:
- Create an environment conducive to positive group interaction.
- Apply sales concepts and current issues to enhance customer relationships.
- Demonstrate a breadth or depth of knowledge and skill, according to the students’ independent selection of degree elective courses or according to the program’s specialized areas of focus.
- Apply multiple perspectives when examining cultural differences and interacting in multicultural settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the marketing terms, concepts,and processes.
- Apply, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information to frame and solve business problems.
- Write in clear, effective ways, adapted to audience, context, and purpose.
Adviser’s Signature and Date
Dean’s Signature and Date
Eff: summer 2013 | Rev: 03/13