Jan 18, 2020
Program Description The Business Associate of Technical Arts Degree is designed for students currently working or interested in working in the area of credit management who have taken the courses offered through the National Association of Credit Management and want to apply these to a degree that will enhance their knowledge of business. It requires introductory level coursework in the areas of communications, quantitative skills, and business in addition to the specialization courses listed and an internship. The degree prepares those currently employed in the credit industry for entry level positions. This degree is not the Associate of Arts Degree, which prepares students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Many courses are available online. This degree requires successful completion of a minimum of 91 credits as outlined.
|Advising Note This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic advisor. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds CC certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
General Education Requirements (24-28 credits)
Communication Skills (10 credits)
OUTCOME: Communicate and interact effectively through a variety of methods appropriate to audience, context, purpose and field/discipline.
Human Relations and Professional Development Skills (9-13 credits)
OUTCOME: Act responsibly in applying professional and academic standards associated with personal wellness; sustainable management of resources; and/or with success in educational, workplace, community, and team settings.
Quantitative Analysis/Symbolic Reasoning Skills (5 credits)
OUTCOME: Reason clearly using academic or professional modes of inquiry; using quantitative or symbolic reasoning; and/or using other discipline/field specific methods to explore and create ideas; identify information needs; process, evaluate, and use information; and recognize, analyze and solve problems.
Cultural Diversity Skills
OUTCOME: Explore and apply multiple perspectives in order to examine cultural differences and influences; maintain effective professional/working relationships; and/or interact effectively in multicultural settings.
____Cultural Diversity Requirement met
Program Requirements (67 credits)
OUTCOME: Use appropriate financial tools, methods, and technical skills to record, analyze, and manage information, solve problems, and make credit decisions that support the organization’s mission.
*See Program Requirements Notes
The program code for this degree is 502I. For financial aid, advising, and other reasons, students should work with their advisor to ensure that this code is properly recorded on their academic record.
- High School Transition Program Students (Tech Prep, College in the High School, and Running Start) It is recommended that high school students who have earned college credit through dual credit programs meet with a college adviser.
The advisors for this program are:
Sophia Ju | email@example.com | 425.640.1124
Amy Shigley | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1599
Peter Vander Weyst | email@example.com | 425.640.1636
Department website: Accounting | www.edcc.edu/programs/acct
*Program Requirements Notes
- ACCT 101 can be waived if student has recently completed one year of high school accounting, the equivalent of ACCT 101, has recent bookkeeping experience or instructor’s permission. Students are advised to consult with an accounting adviser. Five credits of an approved business elective may be substituted.
- © Enrollment in BUS 162, 163, 164, and 165 is through the National Association of Credit Management (206.728.6333).
Associate of Technical Arts General Information
Program of Study Outcomes Edmonds CC’s four General Education Outcomes (Communicate, Act Responsibly, Reason, and Explore) are promoted throughout the college’s programs. Instructional programs of 45 credits or more foster learning in all four General Education Outcomes.
Student achievement is assessed in the general and program specific outcomes via the courses and course objectives that align with those outcomes. More information about program outcomes and course objectives can be found on the Using Program Requirement Sheets page.
Credit/Grade Requirements A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required college-level (100-level or above) credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds CC. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college level courses.
Students Are Advised To:
- Plan your schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year;
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning;
- Communicate with an academic advisor and/or a faculty advisor; and
- At least three quarters before you plan to graduate, contact any college(s) where you have earned credits and have your official transcript(s) sent to Edmonds CC. Then, submit an Evaluation Request - Transfer Credits Form (available in Enrollment Services) to activate the process of transferring credits to Edmonds CC.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted online by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
Transferring to Another University or College
- This degree is not designed to transfer to another university or college.
- If you are interested in a four-year degree, you should discuss the need for additional requirements with an advisor from the transfer institution.
Common Course Numbering Please refer to www.edcc.edu/ccn for more information.
Cultural Diversity Requirement All students earning a degree or certificate of 45 credits or more must meet a cultural diversity (CD) requirement by taking at least five (5) credits of CD courses. To learn more, go to Academic Information – Cultural Diversity Requirement in the online academic catalog.
|Dean’s Signature and Date
||Advisor’s Signature and Date
|Eff: Summer 2016
EPC - 502I
TC - 91
CIP - 520201
Last revised - 2016/03/11