Sep 19, 2020
2016-2017 Academic Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Construction Management - Associate of Technical Arts Degree
Program Description The Construction Management ATA program is primarily designed for students with experience in some phase of the construction industry who want to specialize in construction project management. The program is designed to meet the needs of the working student. Most courses are offered in the evening. This degree requires successful completion of a minimum of 97 credits as outlined.
|Advising Note This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic advisor. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds CC certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
General Education Requirements (17 credits)
Communication Skills (5 credits)
OUTCOME: Communicate and interact effectively through a variety of methods appropriate to audience, context, purpose, and field/discipline.
Human Relations and Professional Development Skills (7 credits)
OUTCOME: Act responsibly in applying professional and academic standards associated with personal wellness; sustainable management of resources; and/or with success in educational, workplace, community, and team settings.
Quantitative Analysis/Symbolic Reasoning Skills (5 credits)
OUTCOME: Reason clearly using academic or professional modes of inquiry; using quantitative or symbolic reasoning; and/or using other discipline/field specific methods to explore and create ideas; identify information needs; process, evaluate, and use information; and recognize, analyze and solve problems.
Cultural Diversity Skills
OUTCOME: Explore and apply multiple perspectives in order to examine cultural differences and influences; maintain effective professional/working relationships; and/or interact effectively in multicultural settings.
____Cultural Diversity Requirement met
Program Requirements (61 credits)
- Use mathematics and technology to manage and analyze data and solve problems related to construction graphics, construction layout, cost estimating, planning and scheduling, and structural design.
- Analyze information and make decisions that support an organization’s mission with respect to construction material and methods, job site safety, contracts, accounting, building code compliance, and project management.
Program Electives (19 credits minimum)
The program code for this degree is 570T. For financial aid, advising, and other reasons, students should work with their advisor to ensure that this code is properly recorded on their academic record.
* See Program Department Head for additional options.
The advisor for this program is:
Dave Jacobson | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1026
Construction Management | www.edcc.edu/const
Associate of Technical Arts General Information
Program of Study Outcomes Edmonds CC’s four General Education Outcomes (Communicate, Act Responsibly, Reason, and Explore) are promoted throughout the college’s programs. Instructional programs of 45 credits or more foster learning in all four General Education Outcomes.
Student achievement is assessed in the general and program specific outcomes via the courses and course objectives that align with those outcomes. More information about program outcomes and course objectives can be found on the Using Program Requirement Sheets page.
Credit/Grade Requirements A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required college-level (100-level or above) credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds CC. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college level courses.
Students Are Advised To:
- Plan your schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year;
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning;
- Communicate with an academic advisor and/or a faculty advisor; and
- At least three quarters before you plan to graduate, contact any college(s) where you have earned credits and have your official transcript(s) sent to Edmonds CC. Then, submit an Evaluation Request - Transfer Credits Form (available in Enrollment Services) to activate the process of transferring credits to Edmonds CC.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted online by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
Transferring to Another University or College
- This degree is not designed to transfer to another university or college.
- If you are interested in a four-year degree, you should discuss the need for additional requirements with an advisor from the transfer institution.
Common Course Numbering Please refer to www.edcc.edu/ccn for more information.
Cultural Diversity Requirement All students earning a degree or certificate of 45 credits or more must meet a cultural diversity (CD) requirement by taking at least five (5) credits of CD courses. To learn more, go to Academic Information – Cultural Diversity Requirement in the online academic catalog.
|Dean’s Signature and Date
||Advisor’s Signature and Date
|Eff: Summer 2016
EPC - 570T
TC - 97
CIP - 522001
Last revised - 2016/03/11
- This program requires a Proficiency requirement of completing MATH 087 or placement in MATH 090 or above.