Oct 25, 2020
Program Description The Music and Audio Production Certificate provide students with professional technical skills in audio recording, sound editing, mixing, critical listening, and sound design as well as musical skills such as arranging, composing, harmony, sight-singing, and performance. Students may also take elective courses to develop other concentrated technical areas, such as computer programing, electrical engineering, or video/media production. This program ensures that students have experience working with state-of-the art equipment and be familiar with current trends in the associated industries. This certificate requires successful completion of a minimum of 41 credits as outlined.
|Advising Note This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic advisor. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds CC certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
Program Requirements (23 credits)
- Conduct small-scale recording sessions in well-equipped recording studios.
- Apply common mixing and mastering techniques to multichannel audio environments.
- Demonstrate core concepts of music theory.
- Create music/sound design content for use in a variety of contexts.
Program Electives (minimum 18 credits)
*See Program Electives Notes
The program code for this degree/certificate is 212D. For financial aid, advising, and other reasons, students should work with their advisor to ensure that this code is properly recorded on their academic record.
The advisor for this program is:
Nick Sibicky | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1648
Digital Music | www.edcc.edu/programs/music/programs/digital-music
*Program Elective Notes
- With advisor’s approval, choose 18 credits from the list of Program Electives to complete 41 credits.
- At least five (4) credits of Program Electives must be selected from non-MUSC courses.
- A maximum of two (2) credits can be taken from MUSC 114, 115, and 116 - Class Piano.
- A maximum of two (2) credits can be taken from MUSC 117, 118, and 119 - Class Voice.
Certificate General Information
Credit/Grade Requirements A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required college-level (100-level or above) credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds CC. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college-level courses.
Program of Study Outcomes Student achievement is assessed in the general and program specific outcomes via the courses and course objectives that align with those outcomes. More information about program outcomes and course objectives can be found on the Using Program Requirement Sheets page.
Students Are Advised To:
- Plan their schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year;
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning; and
- Communicate with an academic advisor and/or a faculty advisor.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted online by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
Common Course Numbering Please refer to www.edcc.edu/ccn for more information.
Gainful Employment Information may be available for this program.
EPC - 212D
TC - 41
CIP - 100203
Last revised - 2016/04/01