Oct 20, 2018
Program Description The Global Business Certificate is designed to allow bilingual individuals to gain an understanding of business basics so they may more effectively participate in business activities that cross political, economic, and cultural barriers. This certificate requires successful completion of a minimum of 40 credits as outlined.
|Advising Note This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic advisor. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds CC certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
Program Requirements (40 credits)
- Write and speak in a clear, logically organized manner.
- Have a working knowledge of at least a second language.
- Apply, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information.
- Demonstrate knowledge and appreciation of how political, economic, and cultural factors influence the business environment.
- Create an environment conducive to positive group interaction.
*See Program Requirements Note
The program code for this certificate is 502C. For financial aid, advising, and other reasons, students should work with their advisor to ensure that this code is properly recorded on their academic record.
- Foreign Language Requirement For native English speakers: to earn this certificate, a student must complete two 100-level foreign language classes or demonstrate equivalent speaking/writing capability to a language consultant of the advisor’s choice. For non-native English speakers: to earn this certificate, students must complete EAP 121, or be eligible for ENGL 100.
The advisor for this program is:
Ann Paulson | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1613
Business Management | edcc.edu/mgmt
*Program Requirements Note
- ACCT 101 and MGMT 130 may be chosen as specialty courses by students whose bilingualism has been demonstrated without academic evidence. Advisor pre-approval required.
Certificate General Information
Credit/Grade Requirements A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required college-level (100-level or above) credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds CC. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college-level courses.
Program of Study Outcomes Student achievement is assessed in the general and program specific outcomes via the courses and course objectives that align with those outcomes. More information about program outcomes and course objectives can be found on the Using Program Requirement Sheets page.
Students Are Advised To:
- Plan their schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year;
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning; and
- Communicate with an academic advisor and/or a faculty advisor.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted online by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
Common Course Numbering Please refer to www.edcc.edu/ccn for more information.
Gainful Employment Information may be available for this program.
|Dean’s Signature and Date
||Advisor’s Signature and Date
|Eff: Summer 2018
EPC - 502C
TC - 40
CIP - 520201
Last revised - 2018/04/17