May 20, 2019
Program Description The Business Management Associate of Technical Arts degree is designed for the person who wants to advance into a managerial role, and for experienced students who wish to advance a management career or move to a new industry. Students will acquire up-to-date managerial skills and learn critical thinking, communication, teamwork, and technology. Most courses are available both in-person and online. This degree requires successful completion of a minimum of 90 credits as outlined.
|Advising Note This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic advisor. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds CC certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
General Education Requirements (23 credits)
Communication Skills (10 credits)
OUTCOME: Communicate and interact effectively through a variety of methods appropriate to audience, context, purpose, and field/discipline.
Human Relations and Professional Development Skills (8 credits)
OUTCOME: Act responsibly in applying professional and academic standards associated with personal wellness; sustainable management of resources; and/or with success in educational, workplace, community, and team settings.
Quantitative Analysis/Symbolic Reasoning Skills (5 credits)
OUTCOME: Reason clearly using academic or professional modes of inquiry; using quantitative or symbolic reasoning; and/or using other discipline/field specific methods to explore and create ideas; identify information needs; process, evaluate, and use information; and recognize, analyze, and solve problems.
Cultural Diversity Skills
OUTCOME: Explore and apply multiple perspectives in order to examine cultural differences and influences; maintain effective professional/working relationships; and/or interact effectively in multicultural settings.
____Cultural Diversity Requirement met
Program Requirements (60 credits)
- Identify ethical issues and approaches to develop and maintain an ethical environment.
- Discuss strategies for operating in a global environment.
- Use knowledge and analytical skills to frame and solve business problems.
- Evaluate strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats in various business environments.
General Electives (7 credits)
*See General Electives note
The program code for this degree is 5028. For financial aid, advising, and other reasons, students should work with their advisor to ensure that this code is properly recorded on their academic record.
- PMI, PMP, and CAPM are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The advisors for this program are:
Claudia Levi | email@example.com | 425.640.1388
Ann Paulson | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1613
Marie Tran | email@example.com | 425.640.1637
Business Management | edcc.edu/mgmt
*General Electives note: For electives, select from any course numbered 100 or above in order to bring the total credits to 90.
Associate of Technical Arts General Information
Program of Study Outcomes Edmonds CC’s four General Education Outcomes (Communicate, Act Responsibly, Reason, and Explore) are promoted throughout the college’s programs. Instructional programs of 45 credits or more foster learning in all four General Education Outcomes.
Student achievement is assessed in the general and program specific outcomes via the courses and course objectives that align with those outcomes. More information about program outcomes and course objectives can be found on the Using Program Requirement Sheets page.
Credit/Grade Requirements A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required college-level (100-level or above) credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds CC. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college level courses.
Students Are Advised To:
- Plan your schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year;
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning;
- Communicate with an academic advisor and/or a faculty advisor; and
- At least three quarters before you plan to graduate, contact any college(s) where you have earned credits and have your official transcript(s) sent to Edmonds CC. Then, submit an Evaluation Request - Transfer Credits Form (available in Enrollment Services) to activate the process of transferring credits to Edmonds CC.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted online by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
Transferring to Another University or College
- This degree is not designed to transfer to another university or college.
- If you are interested in a four-year degree, you should discuss the need for additional requirements with an advisor from the transfer institution.
Common Course Numbering Please refer to www.edcc.edu/ccn for more information.
Cultural Diversity Requirement All students earning a degree or certificate of 45 credits or more must meet a cultural diversity (CD) requirement by taking at least five (5) credits of CD courses. To learn more, go to Academic Information – Cultural Diversity Requirement in the online academic catalog.
|Dean’s Signature and Date
||Advisor’s Signature and Date
|Eff: Summer 2018
EPC - 5028
TC - 90
CIP - 520201
Last revised - 2018/04/09