Aug 17, 2019
Program Description This advanced certificate emphasizes a systems approach to understanding and solving business problems specifically related to the acquisition or development of information systems. The core courses introduce students to a variety of methods and tools for understanding problems and identifying system requirements. This certificate requires successful completion of a minimum of 40 credits as outlined.
|Advising Note This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic advisor. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds CC certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
Program Requirements (30 credits)
- Implement and apply the systems development lifecycle (SDLC) methods and tools to a given business problem.
- Use modeling methods to elicit and document business data requirements.
- Explain principles and roles of information management and metadata in business.
- Describe enterprise system architectures and apply systems planning methodologies.
Program Electives (10 credits)
*See Program Elective Note
The program code for this certificate is 503L. For financial aid, advising, and other reasons, students should work with their advisor to ensure that this code is properly recorded on their academic record.
- Entry Requirements This certificate begins at an advanced level and is designed for students already in the IT field. Students MUST see a CIS faculty advisor for proper placement into this program.
- This certificate will prepare students for a variety of roles that require the ability to research problems, gather requirements, document system specifications, and make recommendations for information systems. Upon completion of this certificate students may be qualified for the following jobs:
- Systems Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Programmer Analyst
- Technical Writer
- Information Technology Analyst
- Business Requirements Analyst
- IT Project Manager
The advisor for this program can be found under the area of expertise at: http://www.edcc.edu/programs/stem/cis/contact.html
Computer Information Systems | edcc.edu/cis
*Program Elective Note: Students should select their electives based upon their preferred concentration: Programming or Business Management. Please contact an advisor for more information.
Certificate General Information
Credit/Grade Requirements A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required college-level (100-level or above) credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds CC. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college-level courses.
Program of Study Outcomes Student achievement is assessed in the general and program specific outcomes via the courses and course objectives that align with those outcomes. More information about program outcomes and course objectives can be found on the Using Program Requirement Sheets page.
Students Are Advised To:
- Plan their schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year;
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning; and
- Communicate with an academic advisor and/or a faculty advisor.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted online by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
Common Course Numbering Please refer to www.edcc.edu/ccn for more information.
Gainful Employment Information may be available for this program.
|Dean’s Signature and Date
||Advisor’s Signature and Date
|Eff: Summer 2018
EPC - 503L
TC - 40
CIP - 110802
Last revised - 03/08/2018