Apr 21, 2019
Program Description The Emergency Management and Business Continuity Certificate is designed for individuals currently working in business operations, private sector employment, security, facilities operations or management, public agencies, education, health care, and nonprofit organizations who are interested in broadening their professional skills and knowledge of the Emergency Management and Business Continuity field. This certificate requires successful completion of a minimum of 32 credits as outlined.
|Advising Note This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic advisor. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds CC certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
Program Requirements (32 credits)
*See Program Requirements Note
- Describe, explain, and analyze the different phases in Emergency Management: prevention, mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Describe how to integrate, coordinate, and collaborate with communities, agencies, and emergency-management teams in order to facilitate crisis prevention, emergency management, continuity of operations, and problem solving.
- Identify and describe the psychological and social impact of natural and man-made disasters.
- Describe and explain the critical guidelines, regulations, and systems utilized in the different phases of emergency management.
- Explain the use of professional tools and guidelines to conduct rapid-needs assessment of trained and voluntary responders to develop competency-based criteria for training and exercise objectives.
The program code for this certificate is 966C. For financial aid, advising, and other reasons, students should work with their advisor to ensure that this code is properly recorded on their academic record.
The advisor for this program is:
Darren Linker | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1843
Emergency Management | edcc.edu/emergency
*Program Requirements Note: Consult an advisor for an appropriate internship course selection for EMERG 291.
Certificate General Information
Credit/Grade Requirements A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required college-level (100-level or above) credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds CC. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college-level courses.
Program of Study Outcomes Student achievement is assessed in the general and program specific outcomes via the courses and course objectives that align with those outcomes. More information about program outcomes and course objectives can be found on the Using Program Requirement Sheets page.
Students Are Advised To:
- Plan their schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year;
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning; and
- Communicate with an academic advisor and/or a faculty advisor.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted online by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
Common Course Numbering Please refer to www.edcc.edu/ccn for more information.
Gainful Employment Information may be available for this program.
|Dean’s Signature and Date
||Advisor’s Signature and Date
|Eff: Summer 2018
EPC - 966C
TC - 32
CIP - 430302
Last revised - 2018/03/09