Apr 21, 2019
Program Description The Hospitality and Tourism Department has several programs for the travel industry; five specialized degrees and a certificate. All are designed to provide the learning opportunities necessary to prepare students for entry level positions in companies such as travel agencies, airlines, cruise companies, hotels, and other tourism related businesses. Program selection is generally based on the previous education and work experience the student has when beginning Hospitality and Tourism Department courses. This Certificate requires successful completion of a minimum of 44.5 credits as outlined.
|Advising Note This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic advisor. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds CC certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
Program Requirements (44.5 credits)
- Demonstrate global awareness from a hospitality and tourism perspective.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analytical reasoning.
- Effectively solve problems or make recommendations using quantitative reasoning.
- Utilize computer technology appropriate to the industry including knowledge of airline reservation system and Internet research.
- Demonstrate expertise in hospitality sales and customer service
- Effectively apply written and oral communication and group/team interaction skills appropriate to the industry.
The program code for this certificate is 277C. For financial aid, advising, and other reasons, students should work with their advisor to ensure that this code is properly recorded on their academic record.
- The Hospitality and Tourism Certificate is designed for students with post high school education or moderate work experience who are interested on focusing their education on the skills, abilities, and knowledge necessary to enter the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Students are required to maintain a minimum grade of 2.5 in all hospitality classes.
- Courses approved for transfer from other academic institutions must have a minimum grade equivalent of 2.5.
- High School Transition Program Students (Tech Prep, College in the High School, and Running Start) It is recommended that high school students who have earned college credit through dual credit programs meet with a college advisor.
The advisors for this program are:
Beth O’Donnell | email@example.com | 425.640.1208
Linda Russell | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1137
Hospitality and Tourism | www.edcc.edu/hosp
Certificate General Information
Credit/Grade Requirements A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required college-level (100-level or above) credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds CC. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college-level courses.
Program of Study Outcomes Student achievement is assessed in the general and program specific outcomes via the courses and course objectives that align with those outcomes. More information about program outcomes and course objectives can be found on the Using Program Requirement Sheets page.
Students Are Advised To:
- Plan their schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year;
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning; and
- Communicate with an academic advisor and/or a faculty advisor.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted online by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
Common Course Numbering Please refer to www.edcc.edu/ccn for more information.
Gainful Employment Information may be available for this program.
|Dean’s Signature and Date
||Advisor’s Signature and Date
|Eff: Summer 2018
EPC - 277C
TC - 44.5
CIP - 521905
Last revised - 2018/03/16