Sep 25, 2020
Program Description Graduates of this program qualify for entry level positions in basic composite layup and repair. The Aerospace Manufacturing Composites Certificate of Completion provides an introduction to manufacturing safety and composites used in aerospace. The certificate of completion includes 10 modules as outlined. This Certificate of Completion requires successful completion of a minimum of 19 credits as outlined.
Advising Note This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic advisor. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds CC certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
Program Requirements (19 credits)
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of hand, power, and floor mounted tools and equipment used in manufacturing of various aerospace projects.
- Demonstrate knowledge in respect to manufacturing documentation as well as quality standards and documentation.
- Understand the terminology and documentation skills required of a composites worker.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform drilling and fastener installation.
- Demonstrate a competency of inspection in regard to aerospace structures and composite damage assessment and repair.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of precision measuring tools.
- Utilize online databases to identify curing parameters for composite materials.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the area of manufacturing teamwork and team building and how they affect overall production.
The program code for this certificate is 722D. For financial aid, advising, and other reasons, students should work with their advisor to ensure that this code is properly recorded on their academic record.
Advisor: For information on this program, email email@example.com or call 425.640.1840.
Business Training Center/Washington Aerospace Training Research Center | www.washingtonaerospace.com
Certificate of Completion General Information
This certificate of completion (COC) is awarded upon completion of the required number of courses. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or S grades in all college level courses in order to earn this COC. Certain certificates may require a higher cumulative grade point average as dictated by industry standards. All credits for this COC must be earned at Edmonds College.
Certificates of completion (COCs) are not eligible for financial aid; however, some COCs may be eligible for veteran’s benefits. If you are interested in this COC, please talk to your faculty advisor or an academic advisor in student services.
Student achievement is assessed in the general and program specific outcomes via the courses and course objectives that align with those outcomes. More information about program outcomes and course objectives can be found on the Using Program Requirement Sheets page.
Students Are Advised To:
- Plan their schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year;
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning; and
- Communicate with an academic advisor and/or a faculty advisor.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted online by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
EPC - 722D
TC - 19
CIP - 470607
Last revised - 2020/03/03