Program Description The Associate of Science (AS) degree is designed to prepare science majors for transfer to a four- year institution with junior standing. The AS degree will generally provide the transferring student with at least ninety quarter (60 semester) credits upon entry to a four-year institution. This degree will satisfy some, but not all, of the general education requirements at the receiving institution.
Credit/Grade Requirements This AS degree is awarded upon completion of a minimum of 90 credits of General Requirements, Distribution Requirements, Specific Requirements, Additional Math/Science Courses, and General Electives as outlined with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all college-level courses. At least 30 credits must be earned at Edmonds Community College.
Cultural Diversity Requirement All students earning degrees and certificates of 45 credits or more must meet a cultural diversity (CD) requirement by completing courses marked as “CD” on the requirement sheet and/or “Meets Cultural Diversity Requirement” in the quarterly class schedule. Those courses may also be used to fulfill other requirements of the degree or certificate.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted to Enrollment Services by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Forms are available online or at Enrollment Services located in Lynnwood Hall.
Students are advised to:
- Consult with a science faculty adviser and the appropriate department at your four-year transfer institution about course selection and completion of degree requirements.
- Plan you schedule, in consultation with a science faculty adviser, several quarters in advance to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice per year.
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning.
- At least three quarters before you plan to graduate, contact any college(s) where you have earned credits and have your official transcript(s) sent to Edmonds Community College.
- Submit an “Evaluation Request - Transfer Credits” form (available in Enrollment Services) to activate the process of transferring credits to Edmonds Community College.
Note: This requirement planning sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic adviser. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds Community College degree or certificate is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
PGM Code – AS1
Effective summer | 2011 Rev 2/11